We hope that you will not need to make a claim under your insurance policy but unfortunately incidents do occur. Please take time to read the following information so that if an accident or loss should occur you know what action to take.
What you need to do:
- As soon as possible — contact our office on telephone number 01492 870991. We will provide you with advice and if appropriate send you a claim form, or put you in touch with your insurer’s helpline.
- Out of Office Hours and you need to contact your insurers urgently. Their claims procedure and contact telephone numbers are contained within your policy booklet. Insurers usually have a 24 hour 365 day claims helpline service.
- Do not admit liability for any incident. Do exchange names and addresses with any other party involved.
- In an emergency removal of a damaged vehicle to a secure place, or emergency repairs to protect your property is appropriate. Please do not instruct full repairs, or hire vehicles, or replace any items - wait for insurers to give their authority.
- Once the claim has been reported your insurer will advise you/us what action they will take, and if necessary, what you need to do to assist them to bring the claim to a conclusion.
What we will do:
- Help you to complete the accident/loss report form, if required.
- Keep a record of the progress of your claim.
- Copy all relevant claim documents.
- Forward details of the claim to your Uninsured Loss (Legal Expenses) insurers if appropriate.
- Monitor and, if necessary, chase-up the progress of your claim until settlement is agreed. If problems occur, we will liaise with insurers, assessors, engineers and repairers to assist the progress of the claim if required.
- Forward any settlement cheque to you and up-date your policy records.
What we cannot do:
- Give instructions for repairs or replacement, or the hire of alternative transport.
- Make any payments or settle claims.
If in doubt please contact us or your insurer